Windows 10 operating system comes with the ability to install the OS without the support of any additional software. Below you will come across with the steps on How to Reinstall Windows 10 on your PC. Follow the steps to restore the OS and make your PC up again and function aptly.
There are many reasons why you want to reinstall the Windows 10 OS on your PC. The system might have infected by a virus or it might have clogged up with junk files which are making the system function slow or any other such reasons. No matter what is the reason for reinstallation of the Windows 10, it is for sure that reinstallation will give you back a speedy computer that works on your commands. Below is the guide in a step-by-step format to help you understand How to Reinstall Windows 10 on your PC.
How to Reinstall Windows 10 on PC/Laptop?
Reinstallation is also the solution for the situations where the PC refuses to boot or the system restore is not working or when you have to discount any hardware fault. Installation of Windows 10 is also necessary when the PC users want to switch their hard disk for a solid disk.
The first time you upgrade your Windows 10 OS on your PC a separate new file of Windows will be created on the hard disk. Since it is just an upgrade, but not a clean install, it is likely to bring along all the rubbish with the apps, files, and settings. So, to reinstall Windows 10 and also get the clean install on the SSD. You need to follow the below steps carefully on How to Reinstall Windows 10 on PC
Steps to Reinstall Windows 10 on PC/Laptop?
- First, you need to download the Media Creation Tool of Windows with the help of which you can create the bootable USB flash drive with Windows 10.
- You must store this tool for future reinstallation process too. This drive can also be used for the future upgrading of the existing installation of Windows by running its Setup.exe from the drive.
- You need to start the clean install by clicking on the Reset function in Windows 10. This option is available at “Start”>>”Settings”>>”Update & Security”>>”Recovery”>>”Reset”. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen to remove the files and reinstall windows again.
- Now you need to shut down the PC and again boot it from the USB flash drive. Before starting this step you need to ensure that everything is backed up safely because the C: Drive of the PC will be wiped off during reinstallation.
- Besides, you also need to make sure that the Windows 10 is activated by checking with the right clicking on “Start” button, selecting “System” from the menu and checking the status under Windows activation section.
- It may take few minutes to check and tell you if the Windows is activated or not because it needs to verify with Microsoft servicer first and then tell you whether it is activated or not.
- Now you have to choose the preferred language and choose the correct hard drive and partition where you have installed the Windows.
- After the installation starts, the PC will start automatically. You will see the large Windows logo and the circular progress indicator.
- Keep eye on the process of installation as it reboots the system several times. It may also ask you to remove the flash drive or DVD which you are using to reinstall.
- At last, You will also find the option to “Clean the Drive Fully”. You need to skip this option unless you are selling on your PC. Lastly, reset the PC and let your PC do rest.
Post Reinstall of Windows 10:
Once the system is restored, you are required to reinstall all the apps, files, apply preferences. And restore the backup data on your PC. Ensure that everything that is useful for you is restored back again. You also need to reinstall the key desktop application, after the reinstallation of the Windows 10. You can also download and install the updated versions of the apps once the reinstallation is done successfully.
These are the steps on How to Reinstall Windows 10 on your PC?